SAWS eBill FAQ
- What is the Web address of SAWS eBill Service?
- What services does SAWS eBill provide?
- Can I pay my SAWS eBill through my bank or a third-party payment service?
- Can commercial accounts make payments through this system?
- What kind of security does SAWS eBill site use?
- What if I forget my user name?
- What if I forget my password?
- What if I forget my password and my email address has recently changed?
- Will my neighbor be able to see my account information?
- Is there a limit to how much I can pay on my bill?
- Can I pay my bill 24/7/365?
- Can I pay a delinquent bill, final notice, or final bill?
- When is the latest I can make a payment without incurring a penalty?
- Can I pay my deposit through this system?
- Can I reverse a payment once I have submitted it?
- Is my bank account number validated on bank draft payments?
- Can I pay by credit card?
- Is my bank account or credit card number stored on your system?
- Why isn't my temporary password working?
- Why am I not receiving an email bill summary?
- I moved. Why can't I delete my old SAWS account from my eBill user account?
- I just paid my bill online. Why hasn't the current balance changed to reflect my payment?
There are three “layers” of services available to all active SAWS customers through this site:
- eBill View – This is the basic service that is the basis for all other options. The customer creates a password-protected online user account on our site. He/she can then view current and past bills online at any time. Once the account is created, the customer can view bills at any time without obligation to use any of the other services offered.
- eBill Pay – eBill View participants can only make a one-time payment via bank draft at any time with no commitment or obligation to continue using the service. Requires an eBill View user account.
- eBill Mail – eBill View participants can register to receive their bills via email rather than postal mail. This option continues until the customer notifies us of the desire to discontinue. This option encourages but does not require the customer to pay the bill via our own site. Requires an eBill View user account.
Absolutely. However, SAWS has no way of monitoring or controlling those transactions and therefore can assume no liability for their completion.
Yes. Any account that is not on the Easy-Pay (PEP) automatic payment plan may be paid online. The only exception is Fireline accounts, which have a completely different billing procedure.
SAWS eBill services are secured using the latest 256-bit encryption technology.
If you do not remember your user name, please call our Customer Service Center at 704-SAWS for assistance. (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.)
To reset your password, choose the "Forgot Password" option from the left navigation menu.
1)To verify your identity, you must supply your user name.
2) Answer the secret question you chose during registration.
A new password will be generated and sent to your registered email account. We cannot give your password over the phone for security reasons. If you forget your password, we will verify your identity and email a temporary password to your registered email account.
If you do not remember your user name and the email address on your account is no longer valid, please call our Customer Service Center at 704-SAWS for assistance. (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.)
Not without fraudulent action on their part. Customer information is available only after the user accepts our legal “Service Agreement,” which includes an explicit claim by the user that he/she is authorized to view and make payments on that account.
There is no limit to how much you can pay on your bill. Partial payments are accepted as well.
The secure payment site will be available 22 hours a day, from 6 a.m. to 4 a.m. Central Time. The two hours down time each morning is for routine maintenance.(Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) for further assistance.
Just like a paper bill, we will accept payments as “on time” through 5 p.m. Central Time on the due date. Payment received after 5 p.m. will be considered “received” the next business day and charged the late fee, if applicable.
No. You must already have been billed to pay online.
No. Payments made online cannot be canceled.
Not at the time of the online transaction. The bank account number is only validated upon actual submission to the bank for processing. However, we do validate the bank routing number in real-time before accepting an online payment. Be sure to check your account number, bank name and account type before submitting your payment.
To pay by debit or credit card, visit www.paylocalgov.com/saws. Value Payment Systems will process your payment and accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express. There is a convenience fee for this service.
For credit/debit card payment issues with Value Payment Systems, call 1-888-877-0450.
We retain the customer’s submitted bank account information long enough to complete the transaction with the bank. Once the transaction with the bank has been completed, we retain only the last four digits of the account number (in case it is needed for payment verification).
Be sure you are entering the password correctly. Try copying and pasting the temporary password directly from the email into the password form field. Also, please be sure your "Caps Lock" key is not engaged on your keyboard because the password is case-sensitive. Also, beware of "look alike" characters such as "B" and "8", "l" (letter L) and "1," (number one) etc.
While we can verify that notices were sent, we cannot control what happens to them once they leave our system.
In most cases, failure to receive billing notices via email indicates an issue with spam filtering, either on your computer or on your mail service provider's servers.
If you are certain your own spam filters are configured correctly to receive SAWS email, you may want to check with your service provider to make sure they are not filtering out the billing notices before they can even reach your email account.
Also, if you are trying to receive the billing notices at your place of employment, your employer may be intentionally blocking the messages. This is a very common practice among companies that maintain their own network servers because it reduces Web and email traffic in and out of the company.
If the email address registered with your eBill account is incorrect or has changed, you can change it via our eBill site.
Once you log in to the site, simply click the "Change email" link on the left side of the page and follow the on-screen instructions.
Also, please note that we only send one billing notice per SAWS account. Therefore, if you have signed up for more than one online user account using a different email address for each, you may not receive your billing notice at the desired address. To solve this, either change the email address to be the same on all user accounts, or allow us to deactivate any unused user accounts for you.
You may add your new SAWS account to your online user account by selecting the "Add Account" option. Once the old account goes inactive, it will be displayed as "Not an active account" on your "My SAWS Accounts" page. In the meantime, you will continue to have access to all of your previous bills and online payment history for that account.
Once you have added your new account, you can remove the "old" account. To remove accounts from your profile, click on the found at the end of the account row identifying the account you wish to delete.
Our site does not provide a "Current Balance." What we show on our site is only a snapshot of the account at the time of billing. Therefore, the "Amount Due" does not change to reflect payments made to the account. Once you have completed a payment online, the status of that payment is shown below the bill summary in the "Previous Online Payments to This Account" section.